Information on Likud Holland
Likud is an Israeli political party. The name literally means “unity”. It is formed by a fusion of two other liberal parties; Herut (freedom) and the Liberal Party.
Likud was in the opposition until 1977. After that it the following Israeli prime ministers were from the Likud:
- Menachem Begin (1977-1983),
- Yitzhak Shamir (1983-1984 en 1986-1992),
- Benjamin Netanyahu (1996-1999),
- Ariel Sharon (2001-2006),
- Benjamin Netanyahu (2009-now).
The Likud wants peace through security, security through strength.
The Likud does not want Israel to give away the responsibility for the security of its citizens.
The Likud wants a strong economy, unhindered by the archaic structure of unions and state-owned companies.
The Likud cares for the land, the people, the traditions and the holy places and the bond with Jews everywhere in the world.
In Israel is Likud an organisation with recently grew to 312.000 members, a record which makes it the by far the largest political party.
Goals of the Likud of Holland
The goals of the Likud of Holland are:
- To propagate and realize the goals of the Likud World Organisation (Likud Olami).The most important is: peace and security for Israel.
- To realize the goals of Zionism. At the first congress of the World Zionist Organisation in 1897 in Basel it was defined as: “The aim of Zionism is to create for the Jewish people a home in Palestine secured by public law.”Later it is extended in the ‘Jerusalem program of Zionism’, this says that Zionism has the following aims:
- The Unity of the Jewish people and the centrality of Israel in Jewish life,
- The ingathering of the Jewish people in the historic homeland, Erets Israel, through aliyah from all countries,
- The strengthening of the State of Israel which is based on the prophetic vision of justice and peace,
- The preservation of the identity of the Jewish people through the fostering of Jewish, Hebrew and Zionist education and of Jewish spiritual and cultural values,
- The protection of Jewish rights everywhere.
The Likud in Holland is promoting our political ideas by:
- publishing in the Dutch press and appearing on radio and television,
- counter-acting against false information about Israel and the Likud, in the media and elsewhere,
- maintaining contact with the Dutch government and political parties,
- organizing meetings,
- board membership of the Dutch Zionist Federation,
- representing the Jews of Holland in the World Zionist Organisation and the World Likud Organisation (Likud Olami), we are a member of both,
- this site, that wants to present our political views and to inform of Arab extremism directed against Israel and Jews.
In 2016, Likud of Holland published the English translation of our book, the highly succesfull ‘150 Palestinian Tales’.
Likud of Holland is a member of:
- Federation of Dutch Zionists.Other members are:
- Arza (liberal-religious Zionists),
- BONZ, organisation of independent Zionists,
- Mizrahi (orthodox-Jewish Zionists),
- Poale Zion (progressive Zionists),
- Bne Akiva (orthodox-Jewish Zionist Youth Movement),
- Habonim (socialist Zionist Youth Movement),
- Ijar (Zionist Youth Movement),
- Tarboet foundation (hebrew lessons),
- Likud Olami (Likoed World Organisation),
- World Zionist Organisation.
Organisation and website
Likud Netherlands receives no subsidies, Likud Netherlands is solely funded and supported by its members and supporters. Will you also support us?
Our website is also created by a – very involved – volunteer. Our website exists since March 24, 1997 and is therefore one of the oldest pro-Israel websites in the world.
Reprints of articles are allowed and even appreciated, provided the source is acknowledged and privided with a link to this site.
Likud of Holland in the foreign press
- Dutch textbook omits Jewish connection to Jerusalem. (Times of Israel)
- Buy this book: 150 Palestinian Tales. (Elder of Ziyon)
- Dutch Ministry of Justice ignores anti-Jewish terror. (Israel News Online)
- Dutch Muslims shout anti-Semitic slogans during protest over Turkish Cabinet minister. (Forward)
- Dutch-Israeli Group: Netherlands Must Condemn, Cease Funding Palestinian Media Honoring Terrorists as ‘Martyrs’’. (The Algemeiner)
- Palestinian Tales. (Israel Newstalk)
- Dutch textbook: Britain endorsed Zionism to gain favor with Jewish bankers. (Jerusalem Post)
- Dutch Daily: “The Chosen People Have to be Perfect.” (HonestReporting)
- How Dutch Israel lobby attacks free speech. (Electronic Intifada)
- Dutch Protestant Church pulls out of Kristallnacht event over sponsors. (Times of Israel)
- Dutch city to remove Palestine from Jerusalem, Tiberias street signs. (JTA)
- Islamist plot to attack Amsterdam Synagogue uncovered (Israel National News)
- Dutch city calls Jerusalem, Nazareth ‘cities in Palestine’. (Jerusalem Post)
- Pro-Europe Dutch politician Kaag books gains in election (Reuters)
- Dutch town decides to keep streets that place Jerusalem, Tiberias in ‘Palestine’. (Israel Hayom)
- Dutch backtrack on promise to remove street signs identifying Israeli cities as ‘in Palestine’. (World Israel News)
Likud of Holland wrote the bestseller ‘150 Palestinian Tales’
It was translated in English, read here more.
You can find Likud of Holland also on:
Please contact us at the e-mail address above.
Donations are welcome on bank account: NL10INGB0004356789 of Likoed Nederland (BIC = INGBNL2A).
Donations can also be made with PayPal to email@example.com or with the buttom below.