The Zionist Organization of America News Release, December 13, 2001.
Yasir Arafat is circulating a bizarre new anti-Israel conspiracy theory: that Israel’s own Mossad security service was responsible for the assassination of an Israeli cabinet minister earlier this year.
In an interview with Israel Television, broadcast in three parts on December 7, 8, and 9, 2001, Arafat said that “the Israeli Mossad (external intelligence service) was behind the assassination in Jerusalem of Israeli cabinet minister Rehavam Ze’evi.”
At another point in the interview, Arafat said “that Ariel Sharon and Ehud Barak had conspired together in September 2000 to allow Sharon (then head of the Israeli opposition) to ‘provoke’ the Palestinians into violence that would provide an excuse for Israel to attack the Palestinians.”
(Translation courtesy of Prof. Michael Widlanski of Hebrew University.)
The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) recently published a special report, ‘anti-Israel conspiracy theories promoted by the Palestinian Arab leadership.
For a copy of the report, please call the ZOA at 212-481-1500.
Arafat’s conspiracy theories include:
* Israel causes cancer, AIDS, and mad cow disease among Arabs.
* Israel poisons Arab food in order to “harm male virility.”
* Israeli airplanes drop bags of poisoned candy into PA areas as part of its “genocide” plan.
* Palestinian Arab terrorist attacks against Israel are actually carried out by a secret Israeli group, headed by Ehud Barak, in order to make the Arabs look bad.
* The Holocaust is an Israeli hoax to gain international sympathy and reparations.
* Israeli agents were responsible for the bombing that murdered 21 Israeli youths on the Tel Aviv beach front earlier this year.
ZOA National President Morton A. Klein said: “If any other international political figure spouted these kinds of insane and hate-filled conspiracy theories, he would be dismissed as a lunatic, as was Ugandan president Idi Amin.
Instead, the world continues to treat Arafat as an international statesman and negotiating partner.”
The ZOA president added: “Arafat’s anti-Israel conspiracy theories are part and parcel of the constant torrent of anti-Israel and anti-Semitic hate material on official PA television and radio, the PA’s newspaper, in the text books used in PA schools, in the summer camps that the PA runs, in the speeches given by PA officials and in the religious sermons delivered by PA-appointed clergymen.
“After eight years of promoting terrorism, promoting hatred and murder of Jews, and continuing human rights abuses, the time has come for the United States to end all relations with Arafat and his terrorist regime.”